Required Materials for the 2016-17 School Year:
- Dry erase whiteboard markers & eraser
- Glue sticks
- 8 1/2 x 11 Spiral bound notebook (preferably with a hard plastic cover to prevent wear & tear throughout the school year)
*Your child's individual teacher may request more specific supplies, in addition to these.
*Placement in the Accelerated Math courses is based on most recent CAASPP scores, teacher recommendation, and district placement test score. If you have questions about these courses please email Chris Ponseti at email@example.com
Math Olympiad is a program where students display and develop their mathematical problem-solving skills while participating in a series of monthly competitions. The "mathletes" train together, learning and practicing different strategies to solve complex problems. The "mathletes" compete both individually, and as a team against schools across the nation.
The goals of Math Olympiad are:
- To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for mathematics.
- To introduce important mathematical concepts.
- To teach major strategies for problem-solving.
- To develop mathematical flexibility in solving problems.
- To strengthen mathematical intuition.
- To foster mathematical creativity and ingenuity.
- To provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges.
Our Math Olympiad program is led by Mr. Ponseti and Mrs. Henderson. For the 2017-18 school year, we will be meeting on the following Tuesdays, after school in room A3 or A6:
November 7, 14
December 5, 12, 19
January 16, 23, 30
February 6, 13, 20
March 6, 13, 20
We will also be taking a team to the Rocklin Academy Math Competition on Saturday, January 20, 2018.
If you have any questions, or would like additional information, please email Mr. Ponseti at firstname.lastname@example.org