Mrs. Darby’s Class News—May 27, 2019
Thank you so much to all of our Field Day parent volunteers! The kids had a great day of outdoor games last Friday!
School will be dismissed at 2:05 every day this week.
Please ask your children to take one last look around the house and car for any stray classroom books to return—thank you so much! If they find any over the summer, no problem, they can drop them by (and say hello) in August. :)
Yearbooks will be distributed on Tuesday to those who ordered them. The following students are on the list I was given of yearbook orders: Isabelle, Ashton, Austin, Max C., William, Jalene, Callie, Kate, Ryan, Dom, Keenai, Max L., Matthew P., Payton, Makana, Maximus, Brielee, Aishani, Carter, and Vikki.
I will be sending home Six Flags tickets with the report card to students who submitted reading logs for the “Six Flags Read to Succeed” program back in February: Dom, Keenai, Maximus, William, Emmanuel, and Aishani. Please contact me if this ticket is misplaced.
We will have a short read-a-thon on Tuesday! (We will also have music, P.E., and an art activity, so read-a-thon time will be about half of the morning.) Students may bring a pillow, stuffed animal, blanket or sleeping bag, and a stack of books to enjoy (names inside please).
Although there will be no homework this week, students should continue to bring their backpacks each day.
- Binders will be sent home on Wednesday with the last of this trimester’s graded work and iReady test results. They are yours to keep and do not need to be signed and returned.
- Open House projects will also be sent home on Wednesday.
- Report cards will be sent home on the last day of school along with remaining supplies from desks.
Please encourage your kids to KEEP their language skills and math notebooks for future reference. (These were among the things sent home last Friday.) The language skills notebook, in particular, would be a handy grammar reference for middle school writing.
Parents are invited to the 5th Grade PARADE at 9:10 on Thursday. On the last day of school, the 5th graders will go for a walk around the school. All of the classes will step outside their doors and cheer on the students as they pass. This will give the 5th graders a chance to say goodbye to the teachers and little buddies they have had over the years before moving on to middle school. Parents who would like to attend can greet us at 9:10 in the center quad as we begin our parade. When the parade is over, we will go to the park for our Send Off Party.
Our 5th grade “Send-off Party” at the park will be May 30, the last day of school.
- Fifth graders will be provided with a free pizza lunch provided by our PTC.
- Organizers have put together a sign-up genius for this event—please follow this link if you would like to help with supplies or volunteer your time: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4ca4ac23a2f85-5thgrade
- THANK YOU to all of the parents who helped to plan and organize this event, to Crystal Creamery for donating the ice cream, and to our PTC for donating pizza and popcorn as well as other funding and supplies for this special day for our fifth graders!
Summer reading program—The Roseville Public Library offers a great free summer reading program in which kids read to earn prizes; here is a link for more information, including many high-interest featured events at the library: https://www.roseville.ca.us/residents/city_events/summer_reading
I have enjoyed spending this year with your children; thank you for all of your support throughout the year, and have a great summer!
Upcoming dates to remember:
May 27—Memorial Day, no school
May 28, 29, and 30—2:05 dismissal
May 28—short read-a-thon—students may bring a pillow, blanket or sleeping bag, stuffed animal, and a stack of books (names inside please)
May 29—Dine at the park (food trucks) 5:00-8:00
May 30—“Fifth Grade Send-Off Party” at the park (link to volunteer: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4ca4ac23a2f85-5thgrade)
Fridays—SPIRIT DAY (wear Diamond Creek clothing or mostly green and/or yellow shirt)