Transitional Kindergarten

Roseville City School District

2019-20 Transitional Kindergarten

TK students must be 5 years old on or before January 31, 2020, to be eligible for enrollment in Transitional Kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year.

Please register your children by going to​

TK represents a true bridge between preschool and regular traditional Kindergarten.  Taught by a credentialed teacher with early childhood expertise, TK uses a unique, specialized curriculum that is based on the Common Core Kindergarten standards but is designed explicitly to support the social, emotional, physical, and academic needs of young 5 year-olds.

Transitional Kindergarten is the first of a two-year kindergarten experience for children turning 5 years old between September 2, 2019, and January 31, 2020.  

TK gives our youngest Kindergarten students a head start in instruction and provides them with an opportunity to learn and grow in an environment tailored to meet their academic and social needs. TK is a free program within the public school system.

The TK environment includes many opportunities for social-emotional development, fine- and gross-motor activities, and oral language development for all kinds of learners, including those with special needs.  RCSD’s TK program prioritizes purposeful, structured play, small-group instruction, and intentional teaching using hands-on, experiential activities.  TK truly provides our youngest Kindergarteners with the gift of time, enabling all students to begin traditional Kindergarten ready to thrive.

  • TK students will follow the district calendar.  
  • TK students attend class for 200 instructional minutes each day (about 3 hrs and 20 min/day), Monday through Friday.  
  • Transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
  • Immunization Records must be up-to-date!

Please register your TK student by accessing RCSD’s general registration link for ALL grades

Please call your school of residence with any questions.

If you are requesting TK at a site other than your school of residence, please complete an Intradistrict Transfer Form. Placement at the requested site depends on enrollment numbers.