The Board of Education recognizes that volunteer assistance in schools can enrich the educational program, increase supervision of students, and contribute to school safety while strengthening the relationships between the district’s schools and the community. The Board encourages parents/guardians and other members of the community to share their time, knowledge, and abilities with students. Volunteers are responsible for the cost of fingerprinting.
The Roseville City School District does not want the cost of fingerprinting to be a barrier for you to participate in your child’s education. If financial assistance is needed to cover the cost of fingerprinting, you may obtain an application for Volunteer Fingerprint Assistance from your local school site to submit to the District Office for consideration. You must make an appointment with Personnel Services to verify financial eligibility. Applicants must have TB clearance and be eligible for the free and reduced meal program in order to be considered for financial support.
How Do I Sign Up?
If you are interested in volunteering at a school site:
- Contact the individual school directly to obtain information regarding volunteer opportunities available
- Review the Volunteer Policy Handbook by clicking the box to the right
- Complete appropriate Volunteer Application and submit to school site office
- Complete the Volunteer request
for Live Scan and take to any business offering Live Scan
- (Fingerprints must be obtained through RCSD. If you believe you may have current prints on file with the District, please contact the school office to verify)
- Submit current TB clearance to the school front office (good for four years from the date issued)
Volunteers must be cleared by the school and/or District prior to participating in school activities. For liability reasons, volunteers are expected to make alternate plans for the care of siblings. They are not to accompany you in your volunteer capacity.