As superintendent of the Roseville City School District, I am thankful for many things. I could give you a whole list of items I’m thankful for and you know what? I plan on doing just that.
- I am thankful for our people. RCSD staff and teachers are the best of the best. They are professionals in their fields, highly qualified and educated, committed to modeling the importance of inclusion and kindness and aware of the socioemotional needs of each child. They are the foundation of who we are and what we do… and we are looking to add more of these skilled, caring individuals to our RCSD family! For career opportunities throughout the District, learn more at edjoin.org/rcsdk8
- I am thankful for the culture of our District. For 150 years, RCSD has taken the time to develop a student-centered culture and collaborative work environment where we put genuine care into educating our community’s children together.
- I am thankful for the health of our District. By adding evidenced-based programs such as Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS), we can focus on the well-being and support of the whole child.
- I am thankful for our community. Throughout their years with us, we watch our children develop into engaged, caring members of our city and the world at large. Recently, upon hearing of a missing elderly Roseville resident, a group of Blue Oaks and Cooley students spontaneously set out on their bikes to search for her. This young group of mini-detectives found 97-year-old Glenneta Belford, receiving national attention from USA Today and the recognition they deserve. I could not be more proud or thankful that these children are students of our District and residents of our community.
- I am thankful for bonus time with family over the holidays. We all lead busy lives – our children included! The holiday break offers a chance to slow down, take in some memories and remind ourselves of what is most important in each of our lives.
Wishing you a thankful, bountiful and memorable holiday season.
Until next month,